Friday, October 5, 2012

Birthday Celebrations at Mom's House

We celebrated Isaac and Cate's birthday at my Mom's house. It had been a long time since we had all been together at Mom and Dad's - it felt really nice.  We all convened in their bedroom for the celebration.
Addie and M switched off singing every other word of "Call Me Maybe."
Sarah played animals.
A watched the Disney Channel.
Cate LOVES gum so we had a bubblegum bubble blowing contest.  Here is everybody preparing their gum...
We had the contest before the gum was sufficiently chewed so it was tricky...




I know it looks like she is going to sleep - but she is actually concentrating on getting her gum ready to blow a bubble.



Next - the presents!

A couple more impressive bubbles were blown!

Then it was time for the cake!
Happy Birthday!
I wanted to include a few pictures from an earlier visit to my parent's house.  Sarah loves my dad's garden and wants to "check the garden" every time we visit.  It is one of her favorite things to do there.  This time they picked some large squashes and pumpkins to decorate their doorstep.  Here they are cleaning them off.

Watering the black-eyed susan.
I love that my kids love the home of my childhood.

No comments: