Friday, July 6, 2012

2012 St. George Reunion - Day 4

On Day 4 we decided to visit the Western Sky Aviation Warbird Museum located at the new St. George airport.  The museum was very small - located in two small hangers - but it was interesting and fun to meet the military vets who gave the tours.
I thought this Korean translation sheet was pretty cool.

This G-suit (pressure suit) was probably too small for an American pilot and most likely belonged to a Russian or Korean.
We headed over to the hanger where the planes were located.
This is a Russian MiG used for training.  I think they told us it dated back to the 1940s.



The tour guides were great and full of information.  This guy was especially eager to share his wealth of knowledge about the restoration of jet engines.  I watched as the eyes of our group slowly started to glaze over.


Then we got a chance to sit in the cock pit of one of the planes.  I couldn't decide whose pictures to post - so I posted them all...












Back to the pool to cool off!







In the evening when the temperature had cooled to 103 degrees instead of 108 degrees (cool?  yeah right!) - we decided to play some tennis.  I was very impressed with some awesome tennis playing!

Shawn and Wes had some incredible rallies!
I was especially impressed with I-man - this kid can really play!





My wonderful and amazing parents - the ones who started it all.

It was another great family reunion and I hated to see it end.  I love you all!

No comments: