Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

It was a nice and eventful Mother's Day weekend. First - I attended a Mother's Day picnic at SJ's preschool. I am not one to get overly sentimental about my baby growing up but I admit I choked up a bit this time. She was just so cute!


I woke up to this scene on Mother's Day morning.  Yep - Sarah is in a robot costume (Addie made it for her).

How did I get so lucky to be their mom?




We had Mother's Day dinner at my parents' house where the men fixed a very yummy dinner.  Then Grandma opened her presents.
We all hung out in her bedroom and watched.
One of Sarah's favorite activities at Grandma's house is to organize her earrings.
I love my mother.  She is the loveliest, most creative, most passionate, most remarkable person that I have ever known.  She is the voice inside my head - and I wouldn't have it any other way.
As a gift to her children, my mother (and father) made cake stands out of heirloom plates.  My grandmother hand-painted this plate in 1920.  
I think it is lovely!

And we can't forget the other big happening of the weekend.  Addie sliced the tip off her finger.  Fortunately Wes had just walked in the door from a scout camping trip.  We rushed to the clinic where he was able to dress the wound.  And no - we never found the tip.  It probably couldn't have been stitched on anyway.  Poor girl!
We think it will heal up just fine.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

No comments: