Sunday, April 1, 2012

Xanadu Birthday!

It was a "friends party" year for Addie.  We decided on an 80's theme and took the girls to see Xanadu playing at the Hale Center Theater in Orem.  My good friend Chris Clark directed the show and arranged for us to have a backstage tour and to meet the cast.  But first...the girls:

I was the 80's mom and even gave myself a fake perm.
The first girls to arrive.  Keep your eye on the girl with the red pants and royal blue turtleneck.  She really cracked me up with her facial expressions...she said it was a Napoleon Dynamite thing.

We arrived early for a quick tour of the theater and to see the cast getting ready then settled in for the show.  We all loved it!!  It was hilarious and my stomach hurt by the end from laughing so hard.
The awesome cast!  See the guy in the white suit?  I was in Fiddler on the Roof with him at the Sundance Summer Theater back when I was a sophomore in high school.
After the show - we headed back to our house for rainbow jello and presents.  Addie requested the rainbow jello and felt like it would fit the theme.


She's the best!  And as my mom would say, I love her to bits, body and bones!

No comments: