Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Just Might be Around the Corner

The weather has been glorious!  Today we decided to give Cottontail a chance to stretch his little bunny legs. Not sure why Max chose to rest and observe in the cage...


Cottontail is a much milder bunny than Flopsy and Mospy were.  And Sarah really puts him to the test!


A true sign of Spring for me - violets.  The first few blooms.  These violets were transported from my childhood home to our yard a few years ago.  Violets are very nostalgic for me.  They bring back memories of being a little girl playing in the yard among the apricot blossoms, lilacs and Lily of the Valley.  I would pick small bouquets to put in my mother's bud vases.  My mother would gather violets to toss in salads or coat them with sugar to garnish the top of desserts.  I love violets and having them here is like having a piece of home.  

Sarah spreading her love among all of our animals...





I don't know how long this will last but it feels great!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

It really has been the most lovely February/March, hasn't it? I keep waiting to get punished by more winter storms, but until then... I'm spending all my time outside.

Mel said...

Violets will always remind me of you! I remember your wedding reception and having them there on my dessert plate! It was such a pleasant surprise, as I had never seen flowers on food before.

Julie said...

Are you talking about SJ and the bunny in the cage together.....or spring?
Darling photos! Happy b-day to Addie!! We LOVE her.