It is not uncommon to feel a sort of "slump" in January. I feel it (note the lack of blog posts). My kids feel it. A good friend shared a few ideas on how she is "defeating January." It inspired to me to focus on things I can do for myself and for my family to make this dreary month just a little more tolerable. The month is almost over but we still have February to get through!
1. Washed my car! Nothing says Jan/Feb in Utah like a car covered in grey filth. Having a shiny, clean car was very refreshing.
2. I bought an electric juicer. My family loves fresh-squeezed orange juice and my cute little juicer from Anthropologie just wasn't cutting it.
I finally broke down and bought an electric juicer. Only $14.88 at Walmart! I made 32 oz. of fresh squeezed orange juice in about 15 minutes. How else can we expect to get through those boxes of oranges from Costco?!
3. Planned a girls night out. We ended up inviting the guys to join us for dinner and then we went alone to see Leap Year. It is your typical chick flick. Kind of silly and completely unrealistic. But I still thought it was cute and romantic. Harmless.
4. Fresh flowers. My mother-in-law brought me a lovely bouquet of tulips just this evening. It is definitely going to brighten my days!
5. Nacho Libre. This has been a recent discovery of my kids and is quoted non-stop at our house.
6. Cranford. A Netflix rental just for me. That has been my late-night indulgence. It took me a long time to finally force myself to watch it - but I am really enjoying it. It is very charming.
Things will pick up around here once we hit February. We've got two birthdays, Valentine's Day, the 6th grade Valentines dance, a St. George get-away, and the school play to look forward to!