Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rubik's Cube Madness

Two nights ago my husband got it in is head that he was going to solve the Rubik's cube puzzle. Well, not "solve" it exactly. He found a tutorial on youtube that walked him through it step by step - or should I say algorithm by algorithm. I am not exaggerating when I say he spent close to 3 hours working on it. I was reading in bed while he was next to me working on it. When I turned out my lamp to go to sleep, I heard him a few minutes later in our closet working on it! But he finally did it! It must be crazy complicated to figure this thing out without the tutorial because Wes is a smart guy and it took him this long to do it with instructions! We found a youtube video of a 3 year old chinese girl who could solve the puzzle in 114 minutes. Those little fingers were flying!

The finished product:

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Is this a common mid-life crisis thing? Last November Randy showed up with a Rubix cube and instructions on how to solve it: another thing to check off his lifetime To Do list. Yay, Randy! Yay, Wes!

Melissa said...

Yeah Wes! I know I wouldn't have used my time that way... :)

Anna said...

haha! Pretty cool. I probably couldn't do it, even with a tutorial. I'm just not very good at those kinds of puzzles.

jspenc said...

You'll never believe this because I could hardly believe it. . .but I watched Don's 16 year old grandaughter solve the cube in less than a minute. Then someone else would try and mess it all up and she would solve it again just as fast if not faster!

Nellie said...

Ummm . . . if he needs some more home improvement projects, I'll spring for air fare!

Kris Olson said...

Tanner can do it in less than three minutes! He memorized the directions.

Julie said...

Wes in the closet? He needs to get out more.